Saturday, January 19, 2013

Nothin' You Can Say

I'm getting ideas. About how my recent upsurge in energy and confidence, bolstered by my resurrection of the acoustic guitar and the purchase of a harmonizer, makes me think about re-recording all of those songs I wrote back in the 60s and 70s. I can do them so much cleaner than back then, with better vocals. And to start this new project off, I decided to redo NOTHIN' YOU CAN SAY, a song from 1966 written by my friend Albert "Mo" Moses. 


It came out quite a bit different from the version recorded in 1993 and found in the Midnight Ramble for May 27, 2012. Is it better? I dunno. But from time to time I plan to redo some of the old songs. 

Mo wrote the words, chords and guitar lick for this song and had a slightly different melody when he sang it. I used the harmonizer and it seemed to force me to sing the rap-like chant I came up with. So I added on more guitars and more voices to give it that "wall of sound" that I used to dislike so much. 

After I've done a few more remakes, maybe I'll learn if it's a good thing to do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment