Monday, January 14, 2013

Mad World

No, your ears aren't deceiving you. This is a song that is actually less than 20 years old. I picked it up by hearing it at a Taco Bell (about the only place I ever hear any music other than my own) and thought it had the most interesting melody line. It wasn't till I got the words off the Internet that I realized that it's a song to be sung by a disturbed teenager.


I've been informed that this song is a staple on the reality singing circuit and I can see why. I can also imagine that singers are expected to do some sort of vocal pyrotechnics at the end. I've only heard one version of the song, by Gary Jules, the writer, and in keeping with my rigid constraints, I mainly just tried to copy the chords and melody. Even with the harmonizer I don't do pyrotechnics. 


No comments:

Post a Comment