Thursday, March 27, 2014

If the Satellite Went Down Tonight

This is a song done for the Cover Album Project Band's latest monthly challenge, Songs by Someone You Know. I suggested the topic because I wanted to do a Knees Calhoon version of a song by Terry Törnblom called "If the Satellite Went Down Tonight". So I took Terry's clear, simple song and added tracks until it was properly overproduced, and voila!


 Here is a link to the video on YouTube:




BONUS COVER!

Back in the late 60s I had an album by a Canadian band called the Paupers and years later I only remembered one of the songs, a C&W pastiche called "Another Man's Hair on My Razor". The Mighty Calhoon Brothers used to do it at the Las Cruces Inn in the late 70s. It has a pretty good plot.

2013 Version

1978 Calhoon Brothers Version