Thursday, February 21, 2013

I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better

I imagine you saw this one coming when I said I was going to be featuring songs that have the ubiquitous "Buckaroo" lick in them. Or should I say, the "Needles and Pins" lick.

This has always been one of my favorite Byrds songs, mainly because we could play it pretty well even back in the Torques days. Two jangling guitars, exuberant shouting for singing, crashing drums. It was right down the Torques' alley.


I thought Tom Petty showed a lot of class and respect for this song and the Byrds when he recorded it as-is when he covered it. They mimicked the Byrds perfectly.

The upcoming Spoonful and Beatles' versions of the lick may not be as obvious as this one so I expect you all to be waiting on pins and needles for the next two songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment